Working as part of the Test Engineering team the Test Engineer will be responsible for the design, assembly, and support of Test Equipment for use in new and existing production lines. They will leverage their electronics and NI LabVIEW knowledge and expertise to deliver Test equipment that will ensure EI products perform as required in the field.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, Development & Assembly of Test Equipment for use with new and existing Fire and Gas detection products.
- Design and Development of LabVIEW programs for testing new and existing Fire and Gas detection products
- Project Management
- Interdepartmental collaboration on product design and test requirements
- Support escalated hardware and software fault finding / trouble shooting of existing automated high-volume manufacturing test equipment.
- Documentation of designed Circuits, programs, and Procedures.
- Third Level Qualification in Electronic Engineering
- Attained LabVIEW CLD Certification (CLA is a plus)
- 3-5 years relevant experience in high volume manufacturing environment
- Digital and analogue electronics knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with In-Circuit Test Equipment (desirable but not essential)
- RF knowledge and experience (desirable but not essential)
- Familiarity with Microsoft office programs such as Outlook, Word & Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of energy and enthusiasm with a strong work ethic
- Flexible, adaptable with a positive attitude
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a Team
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet agreed delivery schedules
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to:
Ei at a glance
Employing over 1,100 people, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 33,000 m” campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France, Poland and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Life at Ei
- Work in dynamic and innovative business environment with unique cross functional involvement
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities through our Apprenticeship, Graduate and Engineering Leadership Programmes
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Prime Midwest location offering unrivalled work-life balance
- Inclusive Benefits package