All of Ei’s alarm, sensor & gateway products are powered by embedded software. This software is architected, designed, developed and validated in-house by our Embedded Software team. We want to grow this team. The successful candidate could see their software deployed in 20m products per year!
Embedded software engineers in Ei work as part of a multi-disciplinary team collaborating throughout to bring new products and innovations through development and into volume production. Engineers will work with a variety of sensor and wireless technologies to develop ranges of interconnected products.
Reporting to the Head of Embedded Software, you will contribute to:
- Design & Development of new alarm & IoT sensor products
- Design & Development of RF modules to connect these devices
- Collaborating with Electronic Hardware, Mechanical, RF and other engineering teams
- Bringing the new products & features through in-house validation and external approvals (e.g. RED testing)
- Collaborating with the NPI teams to transition the new products & features into high-volume manufacturing
Key Skillsets Required
- Modular C on micros e.g Microchip PIC, STM32.
- Compilers e.g. IAR, XC8
- RF protocol development (proprietary, BLE, LORA, Sigfox or other)
- SCM e.g. Git
- Obsessive about code quality
- Good Problem-solving skills
- Automated QA tools (e.g. LDRA)
- Low power design, battery powered products
- Familiar with CI/CD pipeline tools e.g. Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitHub Runners
- BSc in Electronic Engineering, computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience.
- 3 years minimum experience developing embedded solutions
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to:
Ei at a glance
Employing over 1,100 people, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 33,000 m” campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France, Poland and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Life at Ei
- Work in dynamic and innovative business environment with unique cross functional involvement
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities through our Apprenticeship, Graduate and Engineering Leadership Programmes
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Prime Midwest location offering unrivalled work-life balance
- Inclusive Benefits package