Building on our success as a traditional Products company, Ei Electronics are now on a journey into the Digital/Online world. Today our IoT ecosystem comprises 20k gateways and 120k connected alarms and sensors. And this is just the beginning. We continue to deliver even more value to landlords and residents through leveraging the data collected from these alarms and sensors.
Resulting from this evolution Ei now needs to grow our Cloud Operations & Development Team.
Reporting to the Head of R&D, you will contribute to:
- Design & Development of new features and new online products
- Architecture, Design, Implementation & Operational Management of Ei’s:
- Cloud DB & Portal (AWS & SQL Server)
- APIs for customers & external partners
- Optimisation & Up-time, Performance, Scaling
- Development of iOS & Android Apps & co-ordination of external development partners
- AES Key Service Management & Distribution for Ei products
- Security & Privacy Compliance
- Always bouncing off R&D and Customer-facing teams to come up with few product/feature ideas
Key Skillsets Required
- Developing & maintaining Cloud-deployed (ideally AWS) products/services
- .NET & C#
- Developing and maintaining SQL Server Databases.
- Working with and writing APIs
- Deep understanding of The Entity Framework and web technologies
- Experience in container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS
- Internet Security & Privacy requirements and standards
- The ideal candidate must drive to maintain awareness in technology developments in the digital arena
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience with other Cloud platforms (Azure, Google, IBM, etc.)
- Experience with other DBs (e.g. MySQL, Mongo)
- Experience with Angular/Node, HTTP/Typescript
- Experience with App development (iOS and/or Android)
- Experience with cross platform mobile development frameworks, such as React Native, Flutter
- Experience with GSM based IOT technology (i.e. Gateways)
- BSc in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience.
- 3 years minimum experience developing public cloud deployed applications
- Experience of both operations support & new product/service development
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to:
Ei at a glance
Employing over 1,100 people, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 33,000 m” campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France, Poland and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Life at Ei
- Work in dynamic and innovative business environment with unique cross functional involvement
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities through our Apprenticeship, Graduate and Engineering Leadership Programmes
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Prime Midwest location offering unrivalled work-life balance
- Inclusive Benefits package