The Senior EHS Specialist will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the site’s EHS program and will implement policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Providing advice, guidance, instruction & training in all EHS matters to management & employees.
- Maintaining current ISO 45001:2018 & ISO14001:2015 standards in line with regulatory & corporate requirements.
- Developing and implementing EHS policies, inspection practices and procedures to comply with regulatory obligations and best practices.
- Deliver continuous and sustainable improvements in EHS Performance
- Proactively participate and contribute to the Safety Strategy Plan.
- Identification of workplace hazards, carrying out suitable risk assessments and implementation of appropriate actions to control risks.
- Conducting regular Safety Inspections and assisting management in planning/implementing corrective actions
- Design and delivery of Company Health and Safety Training Programmes
- Ensure all regulatory and in-house safety training/refresher training is completed
- Management of all accident/incident investigations and close out of corrective actions.
- Maintain all appropriate Health and Safety records
- Liaise with Company Doctor and OH Nurse on work-related injuries and illnesses
- Ensure compliance with all environmental licenses for the facility.
- Drive a positive safety culture
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Hold an appropriate third level qualification
- Have minimum 5 years’ experience in Health and Safety, ideally in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Have previous experience of EHS management systems including ISO1400:2015 and ISO45001:2018.
- Have excellent communication skills, with proven ability to influence at all levels in the organisation.
- Have excellent time management & organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task, effectively prioritise & meet deadlines.
- Display a high level of enthusiasm and energy
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to:
Ei at a glance
Employing over 1,100 people, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 33,000 m” campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France, Poland and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Life at Ei
- Work in dynamic and innovative business environment with unique cross functional involvement
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities through our Apprenticeship, Graduate and Engineering Leadership Programmes
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Prime Midwest location offering unrivalled work-life balance
- Inclusive Benefits package