Ei’s alarm, sensor, gateway & IoT products are market leaders for many reasons, and quality is a big one! Quality is designed in at every step of the process, but just in case, we have a skilled Validation/Test team who are tasked with detecting any defects before product release. We want to grow this team.
The Product Tester will report to the Head of Validation and contribute to:
- Validation of new Alarm & IoT Sensor products
- Validation of RF modules that interconnect these devices
- Validation of Gateways, back-end/portals, UIs & Apps
- Collaborating with the design engineers to create comprehensive Validation plans
- Ensuring that zero defects escape in Ei released products.
Key Skillsets Required
- Experience of testing/validating IoT products, consumer electronics products, home security products or similar.
- Experience working with and testing target hardware (e.g. programming devices, troubleshooting circuits)
- Comfortable with testing RF products (proprietary, BLE, LORA, Sigfox or other)
- Obsessive about quality
- Comfortable with Electronic Hardware, reading schematics, understanding circuits
- Familiar with Automated QA tools (e.g. Selenium, LabView)
- Familiar with defect logging systems (e.g. Jira)
- ISTQB or similar qualifications
- Qualification in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience.
- 2 years minimum experience testing electronic/software products
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to:
Ei at a glance
Employing over 1,100 people, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 33,000 m” campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France, Poland and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Life at Ei
- Work in dynamic and innovative business environment with unique cross functional involvement
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities through our Apprenticeship, Graduate and Engineering Leadership Programmes
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Prime Midwest location offering unrivalled work-life balance
- Inclusive Benefits package