As we continue to expand, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer. Working within our Process Development Team, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be involved in developing and delivering innovative equipment solutions for our final assembly production areas.
- Design and development of automated equipment solutions in conjunction with our process development team.
- Develop design concepts and conduct design reviews with the relevant stakeholders.
- Develop detailed working drawings for all new equipment.
- Works closely with our machine builders during the build phase to ensure all drawings are accurate and up to date.
- Research and introduction of new technologies to help further improve our production processes.
- Assist in creating a detailed equipment documentation package.
- Responsible for ensuring that design project timelines and targets are achieved
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our production process through creative design solutions.
- Experienced in the use of Solidworks and 2D Autocad packages.
- Ability to generate detailed engineering drawings in a timely manner.
- Good problem-solving skills and be able to demonstrate these through previous creative design solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and working to high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Engineering Qualification level 8, or with equivalent experience.
- Must be proficient in use of Solidworks
How to Apply:
Please send your CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ei at a glance
Employing over 11000 people, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 23,000 m2 campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France, Poland and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Life at Ei
- Work in dynamic and innovative business environment with unique cross functional involvement
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities through our Apprenticeship, Graduate and Engineering Leadership Programmes
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Prime Midwest location offering unrivalled work-life balance
- Inclusive Benefits package
We are constantly on the best talent in order to grow, expand and lead our teams. To become part of our organisation and thrive with us please send your CV and Cover Letter to: