Ei Electronics Ltd is truly a success story. A 100% Irish owned company and the acknowledged European leader in the Preventative Fire Safety market. The Shannon based operation is uniquely vertically integrated with all business functions, R & D, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing in the same location. This makes for a dynamic business environment, featuring cross-function involvement and speedy decision making. Product Development is the life blood of the company and Ei Electronics has consistently been to the forefront of technological innovation in the field of Fire Safety.
Ei Electronics is one of Ireland’s largest indigenous electronic companies employing 1,100 people at its 250,000 square foot facility in Shannon, Co. Clare. The Company has achieved continuous growth through the development of a stream of innovative new products manufactured on state of the art process technology, delivered to the highest customer service standards.
Due to its continued success, the Company now has the following exciting career opportunity:
- Develop LabVIEW and TestStand software that interfaces with test HW to acquire, process, and grade analog and digital signals.
- Contribute to the writing of user manuals for new and existing Test software.
- Lead software development process improvement activities.
- Provide direction and mentorship for junior developers
- Integrate test system software with multiple hardware platforms.
- Develop complete implementation packages, including detailed test procedures for all designs to enable replication of production designs by other teams/groups.
- Follow departmental processes for test development including processes for design reviews, configuration management, requirements management and system qualification.
- Perform statistical analysis to characterize and validate test systems.
- Build and maintain cross-functional working relationships with other groups
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering; or other relevant engineering or science qualification coupled with relevant experience
- Certified LabView Architect (CLA) with 5 years of experience or Certified LabView Developer (CLD ) with 5+ years in LabVIEW with knowledge of object-oriented design, test automation, and component development
- Direct experience using National Instruments hardware.
- Knowledge of audio or signal processing techniques, analog/digital conversion, Fourier Transforms is advantageous
- Strong understanding of software development process improvement methodologies.
- Knowledge of structured hardware and software programming principles and methods.
- Knowledge of digital design techniques (state machines, proper clocking methods, grounding for noise isolation, etc.)
- Knowledge of transducers and acoustics is desirable.
- Proven test system development is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are essential.
- Design and development of LabVIEW data acquisition and control systems based on National Instruments CompactDAQ, and PXI hardware
- Software development and support of new and existing LabVIEW applications, frameworks, and libraries within a team environment
- Participation in hardware/software build, installation, and verification activities
- Experience working with electrical control systems and industrial sensors and actuators: pressure, temperature, bridge, accelerometers, and motion/servo controllers
- Experience working in a high-volume electronics manufacturing environment desirable
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to:
Ei at a glance
Employing over 1,100 people, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 33,000 m” campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France, Poland and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Life at Ei
- Work in dynamic and innovative business environment with unique cross functional involvement
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities through our Apprenticeship, Graduate and Engineering Leadership Programmes
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Prime Midwest location offering unrivalled work-life balance
- Inclusive Benefits package