As a Hardware Component Engineer in the Ei Electronics Engineering and R&D group, you will be responsible for sourcing & qualifying components for fire and gas detection products and the associated Gateway systems. In your role you will be a part of the team that brings new products from concept through to high volume manufacturing environment delivery. The specific role is to identify & qualify multiple sources for the components in our products. The role is vital to ensuring a secure supply chain through the life of the products.
The candidate should have experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Low-power circuits, DC/DC converters, power management methods, analogue circuits and mixed-signal circuits.
- Processors, digital circuits and embedded systems.
- Sourcing, evaluating & selecting components for new & established designs
- Familiarity with the major manufacturers, distributors and sources of components
- Bench & lab testing techniques to ensure the components perform (standalone and populated into PCBs) per the data sheets
The successful candidate should also:
- Have a degree, or post graduate qualification, in Electronic Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in consumer products, component engineering, embedded systems, and debugging
- Have excellent attention to detail, especially for review of spec sheets – electrical & physical characteristics of components
- Environmental testing experience would be a bonus
- Have strong communication and documentation skills and ability to operate autonomously
- Have a good understanding of manufacturing process and good interpersonal skills to work with the SMT team on pilot runs, etc.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to:
Ei at a glance
Employing over 1,100 people, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 33,000 m” campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France, Poland and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Life at Ei
- Work in dynamic and innovative business environment with unique cross functional involvement
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities through our Apprenticeship, Graduate and Engineering Leadership Programmes
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Prime Midwest location offering unrivalled work-life balance
- Inclusive Benefits package