Ei Electronics Ltd is truly a success story. A 100% Irish owned company and the acknowledged European leader in the Preventative Fire Safety market. The Shannon based operation is uniquely vertically integrated with all business functions, R & D, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing in the same location. This makes for a dynamic business environment, featuring cross-function involvement and speedy decision making.
Ei Electronics is one of Ireland’s largest indigenous electronic companies employing 1100 people at its 360,000 square foot facility in Shannon, Co. Clare. The Company has achieved continuous growth through the development of a stream of innovative new products manufactured on state-of-the-art process technology, delivered to the highest customer service standards.
Due to its continued success, the Company now has the following exciting career opportunity:
Facilities CAD Engineer
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the CAD Engineer will have the responsibility to manage the development and implementation of the sites drawing management system. The position will be responsible for control and update of the drawing information on site. The role will also require experience in, and the ability to take on facilities works projects on site and take from inception through to execution and handover in conjunction with the Facilities Manager.
- Developing and managing the drawing management system for the site in line with divisional standards
- Establish and implement procedures around drawing updates including building layout changes, process equipment modifications, P&ID, process flow layouts.
- Maintain As built drawings for the facility including building fabric layouts, M&E systems and manufacturing equipment, using As-builts by original consultants & specialist suppliers.
- Execute project works ensuring Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and quality procedures are followed.
- Support the facilities department in the operation of Integrated Facilities Management services on site.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and company procedures for drawing control and facilities project management.
- Be capable of carrying out site surveys to accurately record and update site drawings.
- Drafting of piping systems, mechanical, electrical, civil, P&ID’s, and process flow drawings.
- Act as a technical resource when site drawings need to be reviewed.
- Evaluation of project handover file for information received.
Education & Competencies
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Building services /Engineering/Construction)
- +2 years of relevant experience in related CAD service discipline.
- High Proficiency in AutoCAD and Proficient in the use of REVIT
- Project management experience with capability to plan, program and deliver small works projects.
- Experience working on multidisciplinary design projects.
- Knowledge of Navisworks and BIM are desirable but not essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have proven ability to read diagrams and understand services drawings.
- Good mental ability to logically follow a line of thought for problem solving.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including word, excel, outlook and project.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to: