Ei Electronics is a successful Irish company operating globally with a leadership position in the design and manufacture of home life safety devices.
Ei at a glance
Employing over 1,200 people, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 23,000 m2 campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France, Australia and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Life at Ei
- Work in dynamic and innovative business environment with unique cross functional involvement
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities through our Apprenticeship, Graduate and Engineering Leadership Programmes
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Prime Midwest location offering unrivalled work-life balance
- Inclusive Benefits package
Electronic Component Buyer
The Electronic Component Buyer will work within the Supply Chain team which consists of 24 team members covering purchasing, planning, goods inwards, material handling and shipping. The department purchases in excess of €120 Million per year from around the globe. We operate in a dynamic environment that requires the team to react quickly to internal and external challenges.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Procurement of an assigned range of materials and services in line with our material forecast.
- Negotiate best pricing and terms consistent with Engineering and Quality Specifications.
- Drive our dual sourcing and cost reduction strategy as part of the buying team.
- Schedule deliveries in line with requirements and monitor order progress.
- Expedite urgent/late deliveries as required.
- Continually monitor suppliers to ensure the department KPI’s are achieved.
- Liaise with Production, Quality, Engineering and Finance functions.
- Drive our sustainability KPI’s in line with company goals.
The person we are looking for:
- A relevant third level qualification in supply chain, business or a technical role is essential.
- Minimum 5 years electronic component purchasing experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including excel, word and ERP systems.
- Excellent numeracy and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude and ability to get the job done.
- Must be able to work as part of a team in a high-pressure environment.
- Customs experience would be an advantage but not essential.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to: