Employing over 1200 people worldwide, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 33,000 m2 campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Due to its continued success the Company is now has the following exciting career opportunity:
Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor/Graduate
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious graduate to develop their experience in the field of Environment, Health and Safety in a leading electronic manufacturing company. The EHS Advisor will be responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of Environmental Health and Safety Policies and Practices, and in ensuring Ei Electronics meets its legal requirements when implementing safe work practices. They will proactively promote a positive Health & Safety environment for all employees.
The key responsibilities of the job include:
- The EHS Advisor will be responsible for providing advice, guidance, instruction & training in all EHS matters to management & employees.
- Help maintain current ISO 45001 & ISO 14001 standards in line with regulatory & corporate requirements.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of EHS practices, programmes and initiatives.
- Monitor EHS legislation and developments to ensure the Company is compliant and up to date
- Auditing EHS systems
- Maintenance of the Safety Statement
- Identify workplace hazards and carry out risk assessments (machinery, chemical, ergonomic etc). Advise management on appropriate actions to control risks.
- Conduct regular Safety Inspections and assist management in planning corrective actions
- Help design and deliver Company Health and Safety Training Programmes
- Ensure all regulatory and in-house safety training/refresher training is completed
- Assist in all Health and Safety accident/incident investigations, and close out of corrective actions.
- Maintain all appropriate Health and Safety training records
- Help identify improvements to the existing EHS system.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Hold an appropriate third level qualification
- Some experience in Health and Safety, ideally in a fast-paced manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
- Have previous experience or exposure to EHS management systems including ISO14001 & ISO45001.
- Have excellent communication skills, with proven ability to influence at all levels in the organization.
- Have excellent time management & organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task, effectively prioritise & meet deadlines.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Display a high level of enthusiasm and energy
- Certification as a manual handling instructor or a recognised training qualification would also be an advantage.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to: