We have an exciting opportunity for a Controls Engineer to join our dynamic team at Ei. The focus of this role will be to primarily assist in the development, implementation and validation of control systems for state-of-the-art production assembly equipment.
- Design, specification and development of appropriate control systems for custom designed automated Test and Assembly equipment.
- Development of control software for all new machines
- Commissioning and validation of new and modified control systems
- Develop and implement control system software upgrades and manage the role out to all equipment.
- Provide technical support to the machine build team throughout the entire project cycle, including design, machine build, debug and commissioning phases.
- Contribute to design reviews with all relevant stakeholders
- Create & maintain all relevant documentation for new & upgraded equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring that project timelines and targets are achieved
Our ideal colleague will have the following profile,
- Qualification to level 7 or 8 in Automation, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Must have proven experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of PLC / HMI programming
- Ability to read / work with electrical drawings
- Knowledge of robotics, servo electric and pneumatic motion control systems
- Have good knowledge and understanding of machine safety requirements
- Imaginative and creative approach to technical problem solving
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to:
Ei at a glance
Employing over 1,100 people, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 33,000 m” campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France, Poland and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Life at Ei
- Work in dynamic and innovative business environment with unique cross functional involvement
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities through our Apprenticeship, Graduate and Engineering Leadership Programmes
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Prime Midwest location offering unrivalled work-life balance
- Inclusive Benefits package