We have an exciting opportunity for a Robotics Engineer to join our talented Automation team. At Ei, we utilize a wide variety of robotic solutions throughout our assembly processes, ranging from fluid dispensing, automated soldering and product assembly applications. The primary focus of this role is the specification and development of robotic solution for our production assembly processes.
- Specification and development of appropriate Robotic solutions for custom designed automated Test and Assembly equipment.
- Optimisation of new and existing robotic applications
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of different robotics systems and research new technologies for use in future projects.
- Development and maintenance of robotic software
- Commissioning and validation of new robotic equipment
- Provide technical support to the machine build team throughout the entire project cycle, including design, machine build, debug and commissioning phases.
- Create & maintain all relevant documentation for new & upgraded equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring that project timelines and targets are achieved
Our ideal colleague will have the following profile,
- Qualification to level 7 or 8 in Mechanical, Electronic, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Must have proven experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience with robot software development.
- Good understanding of PLC logic and motion control.
- Have good knowledge and understanding of machine safety requirements
- Imaginative and creative approach to technical problem solving
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to:
Ei at a glance
Employing over 1,100 people, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 33,000 m” campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France, Poland and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Life at Ei
- Work in dynamic and innovative business environment with unique cross functional involvement
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities through our Apprenticeship, Graduate and Engineering Leadership Programmes
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Prime Midwest location offering unrivalled work-life balance
- Inclusive Benefits package