The Applications & Systems Developer will work with NPI and other Manufacturing Teams and will primarily be responsible for supporting and developing system applications for data collection and analysis, process improvements, and automation advancement in the manufacturing environment.
The position will involve (but not limited to) the following areas of responsibility:
- Designing, building, and managing software programs and applications to support the manufacturing and test processes
- Integration of applications across the various manufacturing departments
- Contribute to the specification and implementation of various packaging clients and manufacturing data collection processes across all production cells
- Knowledge of data management architecture to deliver solutions for continuous improvement
- SQL – database creation, table creation, stored procedures and query debug and development
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues with the data collection and management processes
- Testing and evaluating new applications
- Identifying areas for modification and improvement in existing applications and subsequently developing and implementing these changes
- Developing quality assurance procedures for program applications
- Writing and implementing efficient program code – (Primarily C++)
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems, including clear documentation and operational procedures.
- Provide input around system expansion and configuration possibilities.
- Minimum 3+ years’ technical experience in an electronics manufacturing company.
- Third level degree or equivalent in Computer Science or other relevant discipline.
- Experience of working with relevant applications development and debug.
- Experience and skill in troubleshooting and configuring applications.
- Experience with SQL and other database systems
- Good knowledge of Web Services, cloud data transfer, Firewalls, proxy, server-side errors etc.
- An understanding of manufacturing engineering services and data collection processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Dedication and driven
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to:
Ei at a glance
Employing over 1,100 people, the company is headquartered in Shannon, Ireland, occupying a 33,000 m” campus where all key manufacturing, R&D and commercial functions are located. Overseas sales and marketing subsidiaries are located in the UK, Germany, France, Poland and the USA.
The Company’s success is based on a culture of Quality, Service and Product Innovation over 30 years. R&D is the lifeblood of Ei Electronics, with sensor technologies at the core of our product advancement. As a global leader in the industry, Ei Electronics is now at the forefront of emerging Cloud-based “Connected Home” and IOT developments.
Working with one of Irelands leading indigenous electronics companies, provides a wide array of opportunities and possibilities to grow.
Life at Ei
- Work in dynamic and innovative business environment with unique cross functional involvement
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities through our Apprenticeship, Graduate and Engineering Leadership Programmes
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Prime Midwest location offering unrivalled work-life balance
- Inclusive Benefits package